Des Moines, IA Thu Jul 18, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT LM_XB403
Boxed beef cutout values steady on light to moderate demand and offerings. Select
and Choice rib, chuck, round, and loin cuts steady. Beef trimmings higher on light
to moderate demand and light offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
dn 0.14 at 189.30; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 0.05 at 183.73;
based on 80.07 loads of Choice cuts, 43.16 loads of Select cuts, 4.17
loads of trimmings, and 25.62 loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE NW_LS410
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses dn 0.09 at 176.16; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 0.05
Current index reflects the equivalent of 139,019 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT LM_XB405
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at
160.32 dn 0.02.
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE NW_LS441
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
14.74 up 0.03.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK LM_PK602
Sales reported on 299.52 loads of pork cuts and 10.7 loads of
*Calculations for a 205 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean 0.65" -0.80"
back fat at last rib.* Pork Carcass Cutout 98.70 dn -1.27.** Loin 1/4 inch
VAC 121.00-146.35; 17-20 lbs trim selected ham 83.00-94.30; 20-23
lbs trim selected ham 83.00-94.00; 23-27 lbs trim selected ham 83.00-94.00;
12-14 lbs skin on bellies 166.33-170.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS LM_XL501
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 859
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN *Price not reported due to confidentiality
45-55# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
55-65# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
65-75# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
75-85# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
85-UP 116 209.88
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER SJ_ LS710
Cattle: 123,000; Calves: 2,000; Hogs: 403,000; Sheep: 8,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
L Clark 515-284-4460 Desm.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- Crop marekts set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- Yogurt nominated as New York’s ‘state snack’
- 6 of California’s Top 10 counties saw 2013 milk output declines
- USDA amends Appalachian, Southeast and Florida federal orders
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
H.J. Baker & Bro., Inc.