Des Moines, IA Fri Jul 26, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT LM_XB403
Boxed beef cutout values steady to weak on light to moderate demand and offerings.
Select and Choice rib, round, and loin cuts steady while chuck cuts weak. Beef
trimmings higher on light to moderate demand and light offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
dn 0.51 at 187.15; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses up 0.01 at 182.71;
based on 67.41 loads of Choice cuts, 37.07 loads of Select cuts, 6.98
loads of trimmings, and 23.62 loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE NW_LS410
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses dn 0.22 at 174.66; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses up 0.04
Current index reflects the equivalent of 154,165 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT LM_XB405
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at
159.92 dn 0.17.
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE NW_LS441
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
14.64 down 0.10.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK LM_PK602
Sales reported on 253.21 loads of pork cuts and 22.61 loads of
*Calculations for a 205 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean 0.65" -0.80"
back fat at last rib.* Pork Carcass Cutout 99.51 dn -0.05.** Loin 1/4 inch
VAC 116.00-147.00; 17-20 lbs trim selected ham 82.00-102.09; 20-23
lbs trim selected ham 81.00-100.38; 23-27 lbs trim selected ham 81.00-109.38;
12-14 lbs skin on bellies 170.66-208.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS LM_XL501
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 1,834
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 63 364.60
45-55# 52 313.61
55-65# 477 260.21
65-75# 667 256.25
75-85# 314 243.23
85-UP 261 213.10
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER SJ_ LS710
Cattle: 123,000; Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 395,000; Sheep: 7,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
L Clark 515-284-4460 Desm.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- Dairy markets: Class III futures up; butter nears all-time high
- Cotton, soyoil diverged from general ag strength Thursday night
- John Deere’s 2014 product launch heavy in hay equipment
- Calves with Sam: Surge in Calving, Yet Again
- Dairy aisle holds up to 70 percent non-dairy products
- DBA names Trotter as new Executive Director, Business Affairs
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Commentary: The worst meat to eat
- 2015 milk prices now looking more like 2013, 2011
- Minn. farm wins court case, power companies to buy 138 acres
- Drones on the farm: What are the laws?
- Jersey Island chooses direction 6 years after 250-year import ban