Des Moines, IA Fri Jul 26, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT LM_XB403
Boxed beef cutout values steady to weak on light to moderate demand and offerings.
Select and Choice rib, round, and loin cuts steady while chuck cuts weak. Beef
trimmings higher on light to moderate demand and light offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
dn 0.51 at 187.15; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses up 0.01 at 182.71;
based on 67.41 loads of Choice cuts, 37.07 loads of Select cuts, 6.98
loads of trimmings, and 23.62 loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE NW_LS410
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses dn 0.22 at 174.66; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses up 0.04
Current index reflects the equivalent of 154,165 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT LM_XB405
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at
159.92 dn 0.17.
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE NW_LS441
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
14.64 down 0.10.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK LM_PK602
Sales reported on 253.21 loads of pork cuts and 22.61 loads of
*Calculations for a 205 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean 0.65" -0.80"
back fat at last rib.* Pork Carcass Cutout 99.51 dn -0.05.** Loin 1/4 inch
VAC 116.00-147.00; 17-20 lbs trim selected ham 82.00-102.09; 20-23
lbs trim selected ham 81.00-100.38; 23-27 lbs trim selected ham 81.00-109.38;
12-14 lbs skin on bellies 170.66-208.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS LM_XL501
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 1,834
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 63 364.60
45-55# 52 313.61
55-65# 477 260.21
65-75# 667 256.25
75-85# 314 243.23
85-UP 261 213.10
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER SJ_ LS710
Cattle: 123,000; Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 395,000; Sheep: 7,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
L Clark 515-284-4460 Desm.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- Yogurt nominated as New York’s ‘state snack’
- 6 of California’s Top 10 counties saw 2013 milk output declines
- USDA amends Appalachian, Southeast and Florida federal orders
- Legislation would block EPA from releasing producer information
- USDA: Livestock producers urged to keep good disaster records
- DHM Markets/Marketers: PA IOFC a record high
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Fluid sales, cost of production, Chobani
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"