Des Moines, IA Mon Aug 19, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT LM_XB403
Boxed beef cutout values steady on Select and higher on Choice on
moderate demand and light offerings. Select and Choice rib and round cuts
while chuck cuts firm to higher. Choice loin cuts steady while Select
trimmings steady on light to moderate demand and offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
up 0.83 at 195.22; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 0.24 at 186.15;
based on 38.86 loads of Choice cuts, 41.14 loads of Select cuts, 11.88
loads of trimmings, and 17.98 loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE NW_LS410
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses up 1.28 at 182.02; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses up 0.74
Current index reflects the equivalent of 126,630 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT LM_XB405
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at
162.28 dn 0.26.
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE NW_LS441
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
14.20 up 0.12.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK LM_PK602
Sales reported on 233.82 loads of pork cuts and 18.35 loads of
*Calculations for a 205 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean 0.65" -
back fat at last rib.* Pork Carcass Cutout 102.34 dn -1.4.** Loin 1/4
VAC 121.49-153.00; 17-20 lbs trim selected ham 89.44-99.24; 20-23
lbs trim selected ham 87.94-88.74; 23-27 lbs trim selected ham 84.93-
12-14 lbs skin on bellies 181.50-189.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS LM_XL501
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 1,613
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN Price not reported due to confidentiality
45-55# 83 316.81
55-65# 517 261.97
65-75# 656 251.86
75-85# 218 234.03
85-UP 111 218.72
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER SJ_ LS710
Cattle: 121,000; Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 428,000; Sheep: 10,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
L Clark 515-284-4460 Desm.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- DHM Numbers: Pennsylvania, Missouri dairy cattle sales
- FairRent, now online, helps you find land rent values
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- Ag markets proved rather divergent Wednesday
- Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy® seeking next class of stewards
- Ten Do’s & Don’ts for ‘Low-Cost’ and ‘Retrofit’ Milking Parlors
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Organic/conventional quite indifferent in cow health, milk
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Got Milk? Expands communications in unique agency partnership
- Iowa rancher is next star on 'The Bachelor'
- Idaho dairy associations scrutinized for letter about farm tours