Des Moines, IA Wed Nov 06, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT LM_XB403
Boxed beef cutout values weak on Choice and firm on Select on light to
Moderate demand and moderate offerings. Select and Choice rib, round and
loin cuts steady to weak while chuck items steady to firm. Beef trimmings
lower on a light test.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
dn 0.89 at 204.56; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses up 0.64 at 190.62;
based on 105.87 loads of Choice cuts, 45.60 loads of Select cuts, 2.50
loads of trimmings, and 33.93 loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE NW_LS410
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses dn 0.48 at 194.41; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses up 0.29
Current index reflects the equivalent of 108,241 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT LM_XB405
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at
155.81 dn 1.08.
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE NW_LS441
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
14.36, up 0.03.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK LM_PK602
Sales reported on 472.17 loads of pork cuts and 36.19 loads of
*Calculations for a 205 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean 0.65" –
0.80" back fat at last rib.* Pork Carcass Cutout 93.58 dn -0.26.** Loin
1/4 inch VAC 108.00-134.95; 17-20 lbs trim selected ham 96.50-106.29;
20-23 lbs trim selected ham 92.00-101.00; 23-27 lbs trim selected ham
91.00-112.00; 12-14 lbs skin on bellies 125.00-168.83.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS LM_XL501
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
45-55# *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
55-65# *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
65-75# *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
75-85# *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
85-UP *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
*For more information, please visit
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER SJ_ LS710
Cattle: 119,000; Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 438,000; Sheep: 7,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
S Moore 515-284-4460 Desm.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast