Des Moines, IA Wed Dec 04, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT LM_XB403
Boxed beef cutout values steady to firm on moderate demand and light to moderate
offerings. Select and Choice rib, chuck, round, and loin cuts steady to firm.
Beef trinmmings higher on moderate demand and light to moderate offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
up 0.30 at 203.30; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses up 0.09 at 190.04;
based on 75.88 loads of Choice cuts, 37.71 loads of Select cuts, 7.97
loads of trimmings, and 33.33 loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE NW_LS410
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses up 0.14 at 192.78; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses up 0.04
Current index reflects the equivalent of 151,635 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT LM_XB405
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at
158.03 up 1.46.
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE NW_LS441
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
15.10 up 0.01.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK LM_PK602
Sales reported on 479.04 loads of pork cuts and 27.67 loads of
*Calculations for a 205 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean 0.65" -0.80"
back fat at last rib.* Pork Carcass Cutout 89.19 dn -1.8.** Loin 1/4 inch
VAC 101.00-124.00; 20-23 lbs trim selected ham 84.91-108.00;
23-27 lbs trim selected ham 82.56-101.00; 12-14 lbs skin on bellies
144.61-163.00; 16-18 lbs skin on bellies 120.00-124.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS LM_XL501
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 373
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 55 406.30
45-55# 20 337.23
55-65# 127 330.57
65-75# *Price not reported due to confidentility
75-85# *Price not reported due to confidentility
85-UP *Price not reported due to confidentility
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER SJ_ LS710
Cattle: 123,000; Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 438,000; Sheep: 7,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
lmc 515-284-4460 Desm.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- Farmers descend on Alltech's Global event in Normandy, France
- Work happiness factors ranked in new survey
- Commentary: Connecting the dots
- When It Comes To How Pizza Looks - Cheese Matters
- Innovation Center: Whey to go! Dairy's place in sports recovery
- Calves with Sam: Auto-Feeders Need to be Cleaned, Too
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Dairying in a warzone
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Vandenheuvel: Time to act on California federal order
- BQA certification — offer Sept. 1 through Oct. 31
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant