Des Moines, IA Wed Dec 18, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT LM_XB403
Boxed beef cutout values steady to weak on light to moderate demand and
offerings. Select and Choice round and loin cuts steady to firm while
rib and chuck cuts weak.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
dn 0.25 at 198.18; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 0.40 at 188.38;
based on 76.55 loads of Choice cuts, 57.61 loads of Select cuts, 8.15
loads of trimmings, and 31.42 loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE NW_LS410
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses dn 0.02 at 189.21; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 0.09
Current index reflects the equivalent of 115,911 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT LM_XB405
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at
163.32 dn 0.12.
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE NW_LS441
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
14.81 down 0.15.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK LM_PK602
Sales reported on 392.89 loads of pork cuts and 35.05 loads of
*Calculations for a 205 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean 0.65" –
0.80" back fat at last rib.* Pork Carcass Cutout 89.05 dn -1.98.**
Loin 1/4 inch VAC 98.12-123.95; 17-20 lbs trim selected ham 90.00-106.94;
20-23 lbs trim selected ham 85.00-101.79; 23-27 lbs trim selected ham
80.00-99.25; 12-14 lbs skin on bellies 132.00-136.50; 14-16 lbs skin on
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS LM_XL501
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 657
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 77 391.90
45-55# *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
55-65# *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
65-75# *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
75-85# *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
85-UP *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER SJ_ LS710
Cattle: 122,000; Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 435,000; Sheep: 7,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
sam 515-284-4460 Desm.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- Water Police, part four: EPA's definition of 'adjacent waters'
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Zoetis launches calf wellness
- U.S. steps up trade pressure on Japan ahead of Obama visit
- Professional Dairy Producers Foundation offers program grants
- UDIM rebrands to reflect diversity, versatility of dairy
- Making recommendations on climate change mitigation
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill
- Is chocolate milk ban-worthy? Study says ‘no’
- To prevent crime, farmers, deputies use proven tools
- Can ration sorting benefit lactating dairy cattle?
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine