Des Moines, IA Thu Dec 19, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT LM_XB403
days and on average industry cutting yields. Values reflect U.S.
dollars per 100 pounds.
Boxed Beef cutout values weak on Choice and firm on Select on very light to light
demand and light offerings. Select and Choice round and loin cuts steady to weak.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
dn 0.47 at 197.71; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses up 0.40 at 188.78;
based on 47.79 loads of Choice cuts, 31.83 loads of Select cuts, 15.51
loads of trimmings, and 12.20 loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE NW_LS410
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses dn 0.69 at 188.52; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 0.26
Current index reflects the equivalent of 122,952 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT LM_XB405
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at
162.65 dn 0.67.
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE NW_LS441
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
15.05 up 0.24.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK LM_PK602
Sales reported on 376.38 loads of pork cuts and 46.75 loads of
*Calculations for a 205 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean 0.65" -0.80"
back fat at last rib.* Pork Carcass Cutout 86.46 dn -2.59.** Loin 1/4 inch
VAC 98.12-123.00; 20-23 lbs trim selected ham 82.00-97.50; 23-27 lbs trim selected ham
75.00-113.00; 14-16 lbs skin on bellies 105.00-137.10; 16-18 lbs skin on bellies
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS LM_XL501
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 1,084
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 78 433.60
45-55# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
55-65# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
65-75# 371 299.56
75-85# 440 292.17
85-UP *Price not reported due to confidentiality
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER SJ_ LS710
Cattle: 121,000; Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 436,000; Sheep: 8,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
lmc 515-284-4460 Desm.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- Post-wean digestion impaired in intensive-fed rapidly weaned calf
- Massage and mooo-d music soothe Vietnam's Miss Milk Cow
- Meeting to showcase anaerobic digester for renewable energy
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Dairy CPI mostly higher in September
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs