Des Moines, IA Thu Dec 26, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT LM_XB403
Boxed beef cutout values steady on Choice and lower on Select on light demand and
offerings. Select and Choice rib cuts weak to lower while chuck, round, and loin
cuts steady to weak. Beef trimmings higher on moderate demand and light to moderate
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
up 0.07 at 196.93; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 1.52 at 190.46;
based on 44.26 loads of Choice cuts, 23.42 loads of Select cuts, 7.94
loads of trimmings, and 11.05 loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE NW_LS410
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses dn 0.06 at 188.58; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 0.84
Current index reflects the equivalent of 112,127 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT LM_XB405
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at
167.08 up 1.42.
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE NW_LS441
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
14.90 up 0.11.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK LM_PK602
Sales reported on 243.9 loads of pork cuts and 26.07 loads of
*Calculations for a 205 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean 0.65" -0.80"
back fat at last rib.* Pork Carcass Cutout 86.33 up 0.44.** Loin 1/4 inch
VAC 105.00-116.00; 17-20 lbs trim selected ham 0.00-0.00; 20-23
lbs trim selected ham 68.80-86.27; 23-27 lbs trim selected ham 68.00-105.00;
12-14 lbs skin on bellies 0.00-0.00; 14-16 lbs skin on bellies
0.00-0.00; 16-18 lbs skin on bellies 0.00-0.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS LM_XL501
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN *Price not reported due to confidentiality
45-55# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
55-65# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
65-75# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
75-85# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
85-UP *Price not reported due to confidentiality
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER SJ_ LS710
WED: Cattle: 0; Calves: 0; Hogs: 0; Sheep: 0
Thursday: Cattle: 110,00; Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 435,000; Sheep: 8,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
lmc 515-284-4460 Desm.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- USDA: FAQs about potential California FMMO
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
ReaShure® Precision Release Choline