Des Moines, IA Tue Feb 04, 2014 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT LM_XB403
Boxed beef cutout values steady to firm on light demand and offerings. Select
and Choice rib and round cuts steady to firm while chuck cuts steady to weak.
Choice loin cuts firm while Select weak. Beef trimmings sharply lower on light
demand and light to moderate offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
up 0.40 at 220.49; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 0.21 at 219.21;
based on 57.22 loads of Choice cuts, 22.44 loads of Select cuts, 12.28
loads of trimmings, and 23.31 loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE NW_LS410
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses up 0.09 at 210.35; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 0.21
Current index reflects the equivalent of 91,521 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT LM_XB405
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at
175.61 up 0.61.
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE NW_LS441
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
14.57 up 0.02.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK LM_PK602
Sales reported on 386.27 loads of pork cuts and 38.51 loads of
*Calculations for a 205 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean 0.65" -0.80"
back fat at last rib.* Pork Carcass Cutout 91.52 up 0.97.** Loin 1/4 inch
VAC 111.00-137.00; 20-23 lbs trim selected ham 78.00-84.55; 23-27 lbs trim
selected ham 78.00-98.00; 16-18 lbs skin on bellies 115.00-119.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS LM_XL501
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 583
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN *Price not reported due to confidentiality
45-55# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
55-65# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
65-75# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
75-85# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
85-UP *Price not reported due to confidentiality
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER SJ_ LS710
Cattle: 116,000; Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 430,000; Sheep: 8,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
lmc 515-284-4460 Desm.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- Post-wean digestion impaired in intensive-fed rapidly weaned calf
- Massage and mooo-d music soothe Vietnam's Miss Milk Cow
- Meeting to showcase anaerobic digester for renewable energy
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Dairy CPI mostly higher in September
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs