Des Moines, IA Tue Aug 19, 2014 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT LM_XB403
Boxed beef cutout values lower on light demand and light to moderate offerings.
Select and Choice chuck and loin cuts steady to weak while rib and round items
weak to lower. Beef trimmings lower on light to moderate demand and moderate to
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
dn 2.19 at 252.91; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 2.66 at 243.91;
based on 96.65 loads of Choice cuts, 67.44 loads of Select cuts, 23.46
loads of trimmings, and 30.50 loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE NW_LS410
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses dn 1.13 at 232.49; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 1.37
Current index reflects the equivalent of 142,455 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT LM_XB405
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at
232.60 dn 0.07.
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE NW_LS441
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
16.66 up 0.01.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK LM_PK602
Sales reported on 331.79 loads of pork cuts and 36.28 loads of
*Calculations for a 205 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean 0.65" -0.80"
back fat at last rib.* Pork Carcass Cutout 109.66 dn -1.36.** Loin 1/4 inch
VAC 143.00-168.00; 17-20 lbs trim selected ham 109.50-117.50; 20-23
lbs trim selected ham 102.30-129.00; 23-27 lbs trim selected ham 92.00-112.38;
14-16 lbs skin on bellies 137.00-155.00; 16-18 lbs skin on bellies 147.00-155.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS LM_XL501
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 619
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 13 420.69
45-55# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
55-65# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
65-75# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
75-85# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
85-UP *Price not reported due to confidentiality
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER SJ_ LS710
Cattle: 115,000; Calves: 2,000; Hogs: 407,000; Sheep: 8,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
lmc 515-284-4460 Desm.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- Mom at the Meat Counter: What’s in a food label? Antibiotic-free
- Post-wean digestion impaired in intensive-fed rapidly weaned calf
- Massage and mooo-d music soothe Vietnam's Miss Milk Cow
- Meeting to showcase anaerobic digester for renewable energy
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Dairy CPI mostly higher in September
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs