Kearney, NE Thu May 16, 2013 USDA-NE Dept of Ag Market News
Valentine, NE - Valentine Livestock Auction
Feeder Cattle Weighted Average Report for 05/16/2013
Receipts: 860 Last Week: 0 Year Ago: 0
Special Pair, Bred Female and Regular sale consisted mostly of black and
BWF cows with black calves at side and bred cows to black bulls. Baby
calves off the cow, weighing 100-200 lbs sold for $220.00-$425.00. Good
crowd on hand today with much needed showers in the area.
Cows-Calf Pairs: Medium and Large 1-2: Young 942-1406 lbs with 100-311
Lbs calves $1300.00-$1730.00. Middle aged 1035-1452 lbs with 130-175
lbs calves $1000.00-$1390.00. Short/Solid 1229-1471 lbs with 150-300
lbs calves $850.00-$1485.00. Broken Mouth 1125-1525 lbs with 150-400
lbs calves $1090.00-$1350.00.
Bred Cows calving now: Medium and Large 1-2: Young 1063-1445 lbs $1180.00-
$1360.00. Middle aged 1298-1323 lbs $960.00-$1060.00. Short/Solid 1379-
1380 lbs $1000.00-$1075.00. Broken Mouth 1265-1428 lbs $900.00-$1050.00.
Fall Bred Cows: Medium and Large 1-2: Young 938-1281 lbs $1100.00-$1370.00
Middle Aged 1323-1450 lbs $1120.00-$1250.00. Short/Solid 1287-1460 lbs
$1000.00-$1025.00. Summer Bred mixed ages 1109-1413 lbs $1100.00-$1370.00.
Source: NE Dept of Ag - USDA Market News Service, Kearney, NE
Shareen Dearmont 308-390-5399
24 Hr Recorded Markets 620-369-9311
Valentine, NE Livestock Auction Market
- Most ag markets traded firmly Friday morning
- Dairy Herd columnist Mess named social media farmer of the year
- Dairy markets: Class III futures up; butter nears all-time high
- Cotton, soyoil diverged from general ag strength Thursday night
- John Deere’s 2014 product launch heavy in hay equipment
- Calves with Sam: Surge in Calving, Yet Again
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Commentary: The worst meat to eat
- 2015 milk prices now looking more like 2013, 2011
- Minn. farm wins court case, power companies to buy 138 acres
- Drones on the farm: What are the laws?
- Jersey Island chooses direction 6 years after 250-year import ban