Springfield, IL Thu Apr 12, 2012 USDA-IL Dept of Ag Market News
Walnut Livestock Sales, Inc. Walnut, IL Thu Apr 12, 2012
Estimated receipts this week: 320
Compared to last week, slaughter steers and heifers trading 2.00 to
3.00 higher. Slaughter Holstein steers trading 3.00 to 4.00 higher
in a light test.
Slaughter Steers: Choice 2-3: 1100-1500 lbs 124.25-127.75.
Slaughter Holstein Steers: Choice 2-3: 1100-1650 lbs 113.00-117.00.
Slaughter Heifers: Choice 2-3: 1000-1400 lbs 123.75-126.75.
Source: USDA and IL Dept of Ag Market News Springfield IL
Roger Elliott, Reporter 217-782-4925
Phone: in-state only toll free 888-458-4787
Walnut Livestock Auction at Walnut IL
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?