Springfield, IL Thu May 3, 2012 USDA-IL Dept of Ag Market News
Walnut Livestock Sales, Inc. Walnut, IL Thu May 3, 2012
Estimated receipts this week: 301
Compared to last week, slaughter steers and heifers trading 1.00 to
3.00 higher. Slaughter Holstein steers trading steady.
Slaughter Steers: Choice 2-3: 1100-1500 lbs 124.50-126.00.
Slaughter Holstein Steers: Choice 2-3: 1100-1650 lbs 105.00-112.50.
Slaughter Heifers: Choice 2-3: 1000-1400 lbs 120.50-124.00.
Source: USDA and IL Dept of Ag Market News Springfield IL
Roger Elliott, Reporter 217-782-4925
Phone: in-state only toll free 888-458-4787
Walnut Livestock Auction at Walnut IL
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Export data, equity gains boost crop futures Thursday morning
- Mexico dairy industry looking toward growth
- IDFA, NMPF urge states to keep restrictions on raw milk
- Coalition fears trade retaliation over COOL, including dairy
- Dairy producers continue FARM animal care practice adoption