Salt Lake City, UT October 5, 2012, USDA-Ut Dept of Ag Market News
Utah Direct Cattle Report Weekly Summary
Slaughter Cattle 2,050. Last Week: 2,000. Year Ago: 2,150.
Compared to last week, Slaughter Steers and Heifers were 1.00 higher live 1.00 higher on
a dressed basis, compared with last week. Trading was moderate.
Slaughter Steers: 1,200 Head: Choice 2-3 1100-1300 lbs 121.00-123.00. Dressed Basis
Choice 2-3 600-900 lbs carcasses 191.00-193.00.
Slaughter Heifers: 950 Head: Choice 2-3 1000-1100 lbs 120.00-123.00. Dressed Basis
Choice 2-3 550-800 lb carcasses 190.00-193.00.
Source: USDA-UT Dept of Ag Market News, Salt Lake City, Ut.
Phone (435-230-0402. )
Weekly Utah Livestock Review UT
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Dairying in a warzone
- BQA certification — offer Sept. 1 through Oct. 31
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant
- Vandenheuvel: Time to act on California federal order