Salt Lake City, UT October 5, 2012, USDA-Ut Dept of Ag Market News
Utah Direct Cattle Report Weekly Summary
Slaughter Cattle 2,050. Last Week: 2,000. Year Ago: 2,150.
Compared to last week, Slaughter Steers and Heifers were 1.00 higher live 1.00 higher on
a dressed basis, compared with last week. Trading was moderate.
Slaughter Steers: 1,200 Head: Choice 2-3 1100-1300 lbs 121.00-123.00. Dressed Basis
Choice 2-3 600-900 lbs carcasses 191.00-193.00.
Slaughter Heifers: 950 Head: Choice 2-3 1000-1100 lbs 120.00-123.00. Dressed Basis
Choice 2-3 550-800 lb carcasses 190.00-193.00.
Source: USDA-UT Dept of Ag Market News, Salt Lake City, Ut.
Phone (435-230-0402. )
Weekly Utah Livestock Review UT
- Dairy markets: Block-barrel price spread a new record
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- Raw milk symposium will explore raw milk safety issues
- Governor Cuomo Highlights The 2014 New York State Yogurt Summit
- Crop markets were strong Tuesday night
- Cream cheese jumps on bacon bandwagon
- The new line on your milk check — spore counts
- Cropp: October dairy situation and outlook
- 2014 Dairy Herd Management Innovation Awards announced
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Chobani's search for non-GMO fed herds could require 225,000 cows