Salt Lake City, UT October 5, 2012, USDA-Ut Dept of Ag Market News
Utah Direct Cattle Report Weekly Summary
Slaughter Cattle 2,050. Last Week: 2,000. Year Ago: 2,150.
Compared to last week, Slaughter Steers and Heifers were 1.00 higher live 1.00 higher on
a dressed basis, compared with last week. Trading was moderate.
Slaughter Steers: 1,200 Head: Choice 2-3 1100-1300 lbs 121.00-123.00. Dressed Basis
Choice 2-3 600-900 lbs carcasses 191.00-193.00.
Slaughter Heifers: 950 Head: Choice 2-3 1000-1100 lbs 120.00-123.00. Dressed Basis
Choice 2-3 550-800 lb carcasses 190.00-193.00.
Source: USDA-UT Dept of Ag Market News, Salt Lake City, Ut.
Phone (435-230-0402. )
Weekly Utah Livestock Review UT
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs
Excelerate® Calf Milk Replacer
Milk Specialties Global