Salt Lake City, UT October 5, 2012, USDA-Ut Dept of Ag Market News
Utah Direct Cattle Report Weekly Summary
Slaughter Cattle 2,050. Last Week: 2,000. Year Ago: 2,150.
Compared to last week, Slaughter Steers and Heifers were 1.00 higher live 1.00 higher on
a dressed basis, compared with last week. Trading was moderate.
Slaughter Steers: 1,200 Head: Choice 2-3 1100-1300 lbs 121.00-123.00. Dressed Basis
Choice 2-3 600-900 lbs carcasses 191.00-193.00.
Slaughter Heifers: 950 Head: Choice 2-3 1000-1100 lbs 120.00-123.00. Dressed Basis
Choice 2-3 550-800 lb carcasses 190.00-193.00.
Source: USDA-UT Dept of Ag Market News, Salt Lake City, Ut.
Phone (435-230-0402. )
Weekly Utah Livestock Review UT
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Life changes, but fall brings World Dairy Expo
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do