Salt Lake City, UT June 28, 2013 USDA-Ut Dept of Ag Market News
Utah Direct Cattle Report Weekly Summary
Slaughter Cattle 2,100. Last Week: 2,075. Year Ago: 2,050
Compared to last week, Slaughter Steers and Heifers were 1.00 lower live and steady on a dressed basis, compared with last week. Trading was moderate.
Slaughter Steers: 1,125 Head: Choice 2-3 1100-1300 lbs 120.00-122.00. Dressed Basis Choice 2-3 600-900 lbs carcasses 192.00-194.00.
Slaughter Heifers: 975 Head: Choice 2-3 1000-1100 lbs 120.00-122.00. Dressed Basis Choice 2-3 550-800 lb carcasses 191.00-194.00.
Source: USDA-UT Dept of Ag Market News, Salt Lake City, Ut.
Phone (435-230-0402. )
Weekly Utah Livestock Review UT
- New grant funds study of dairy productivity and fertility
- FFA partners with MLB teams to raise funds, awarness
- Wouldn’t you rather dairy in the second happiest state?
- Warm-up makes manure runoff a risk
- Dairy Focus: Spring thaw can contribute to feed waste
- Ag markets proved rather volatile Wednesday morning