Ag markets exhibited mixed degrees of strength Wednesday
Nearby corn futures settled slightly higher Wednesday. Corn futures dipped in early-Wednesday trading, and were slow to react to good export news announced by the USDA. FULL STORY »
DHM Markets/Marketers: January 2014 Class IV a record high
January 2014 federal order Class III & IV milk prices continue to climb, with Class IV setting a new record high. FULL STORY »
Dairylea members approve merger with DFA
Members of Dairylea Cooperative Inc. approved the proposed merger with Dairy Farmers of America (DFA) during a special meeting today in Syracuse, N.Y. FULL STORY »
Hog futures led general strength in ag markets Wednesday
Corn futures set back despite fresh export news Wednesday morning. Corn dipped Tuesday night after surging earlier in the day. FULL STORY »
Cattle futures underperformed the other ag markets
A forecast for reduced South American crops boosted corn futures Tuesday. Talk of demand strength and technical factors supported corn futures Tuesday morning. FULL STORY »
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs