January milk prices: Florida, Virginia top $26/cwt.
USDA’s preliminary estimate of the January all-milk price, at $23.20/cwt., is a new record high, surpassing the previous record of $22.10/cwt. set in November 2012. FULL STORY »
U.S dairy cow, replacement heifer numbers mostly steady
U.S. dairy farmers started the year with about the same number of cows and replacement heifers as a year ago. FULL STORY »
Ag markets ended the week on a generally strong note
Export news supported corn futures Friday. Many Asian traders began celebrating the Lunar New Year today, thereby limiting activity. FULL STORY »
Dairy markets: Class III rallies
A quiet but firm trading week dialed up bullish heat on Thursday. Another round of slightly higher spot market prices catapulted discounted nearby Class III futures. FULL STORY »
National Dairy Market At A Glance
MD_DA950 DY, DAIRY MD DA950 NATIONAL DAIRY MARKET AT A GLANCE JANUARY 31, 2014 MADISON, WI (REPORT 5) CME GROUP CASH MARKETS (1/31): BUTTER: Grade AA closed at $1.8800. The weekly average for Grade AA is $1.8935 (-.0065). CHEESE: Barrels closed at $2.3200 and 40# blocks at $2.3600. FULL STORY »
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs
ReaShure® Precision Release Choline