Dairy Product Prices: Cheese & Butter Up, Milk Down
Cheddar Cheese prices received for U.S. 40 pound Blocks averaged $1.41 per pound for the week ending July 10. The price per pound increased 0.9 cents from the previous week.
FULL STORY »
Feedstuffs: Soybean Meal & Cottonseed Meal Prices Up Again This Week
Most regions are seeing higher soybean meal prices. Chino Valley, California had the biggest gain in prices seeing a 15.4 cent increase from the previous week. Cottonseed meal prices were up 5 cents in Kansas City and Memphis, but well below the yearly average prices for both locations.
FULL STORY »
Boxed Beef Report: Choice/Select Spread Narrows, Loads Up
Boxed beef cutout values steady to firm on light to moderate demand and offerings. Select and Choice round, chuck and loin cuts steady to firm while rib items steady to weak. Beef trimmings generally steady on light to moderate demand and offerings. FULL STORY »
- Undercover dairy video leads to animal abuse allegations
- Research shows consumer demand for transparency on food
- Ag producers should do income tax planning before year-end
- Greenhouse gas: Another reason to connect with consumers
- Will Santa bring a farm bill this Christmas?
- Raw milk report just ‘tip of the iceberg’