Retail Beef Prices: Ground Beef & Round Choice Steaks Increase
Ground chuck and ground beef prices increased last month. Ground beef climbed 9 cents to $2.40 its yearly high, 17 cents above the yearly average. FULL STORY »
Dairy Product Prices: Cheese & Butter Up, Milk Down
Cheddar Cheese prices received for U.S. 40 pound Blocks averaged $1.41 per pound for the week ending July 10. The price per pound increased 0.9 cents from the previous week.
FULL STORY »
Feedstuffs: Soybean Meal & Cottonseed Meal Prices Up Again This Week
Most regions are seeing higher soybean meal prices. Chino Valley, California had the biggest gain in prices seeing a 15.4 cent increase from the previous week. Cottonseed meal prices were up 5 cents in Kansas City and Memphis, but well below the yearly average prices for both locations.
FULL STORY »
Boxed Beef Report: Choice/Select Spread Narrows, Loads Up
Boxed beef cutout values steady to firm on light to moderate demand and offerings. Select and Choice round, chuck and loin cuts steady to firm while rib items steady to weak. Beef trimmings generally steady on light to moderate demand and offerings. FULL STORY »
- Green milk returns in time for St. Patrick’s Day
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Bill would keep farmer’s private information private
- Land availability top young farmer concern
- USDA expands support for small, mid-sized farmers and ranchers
- DHM Markets/Marketers: CWT sales, dairy cattle auctions
ReaShure® Precision Release Choline