Retail Beef Prices: Ground Beef & Round Choice Steaks Increase
Ground chuck and ground beef prices increased last month. Ground beef climbed 9 cents to $2.40 its yearly high, 17 cents above the yearly average. FULL STORY »
Dairy Product Prices: Cheese & Butter Up, Milk Down
Cheddar Cheese prices received for U.S. 40 pound Blocks averaged $1.41 per pound for the week ending July 10. The price per pound increased 0.9 cents from the previous week.
FULL STORY »
Feedstuffs: Soybean Meal & Cottonseed Meal Prices Up Again This Week
Most regions are seeing higher soybean meal prices. Chino Valley, California had the biggest gain in prices seeing a 15.4 cent increase from the previous week. Cottonseed meal prices were up 5 cents in Kansas City and Memphis, but well below the yearly average prices for both locations.
FULL STORY »
Boxed Beef Report: Choice/Select Spread Narrows, Loads Up
Boxed beef cutout values steady to firm on light to moderate demand and offerings. Select and Choice round, chuck and loin cuts steady to firm while rib items steady to weak. Beef trimmings generally steady on light to moderate demand and offerings. FULL STORY »
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Life changes, but fall brings World Dairy Expo
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do