Milk production in the 23 major States during November totaled 14.4 billion pounds, up 3.1 percent from November 2009. October production, unrevised at 14.8 billion pounds, was up 3.3 percent from October 2009.
Production per cow in the 23 major States averaged 1,722 pounds for November, 41 pounds above November 2009.
The number of milk cows on farms in the 23 major States was 8.37 million head, 57,000 head more than November 2009, but unchanged from October 2010.
November Milk Production Up 3.1 Percent
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- Video: Evaluating corn silage processing in the field
- National Mastitis Council Annual Meeting set for Feb. 1-3, 2014
- Tuesday’s CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: CWT export sales; dairy replacement auctions
- Recount upholds Missouri’s ‘Right to Farm’