Milk production in the 23 major States during November totaled 14.4 billion pounds, up 3.1 percent from November 2009. October production, unrevised at 14.8 billion pounds, was up 3.3 percent from October 2009.
Production per cow in the 23 major States averaged 1,722 pounds for November, 41 pounds above November 2009.
The number of milk cows on farms in the 23 major States was 8.37 million head, 57,000 head more than November 2009, but unchanged from October 2010.
November Milk Production Up 3.1 Percent
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?