The average retail beef price increased by $0.05 last month to $3.99. Ground chuck prices increased by $0.06 to $2.91 per pound which remains below this year's average price of $2.96 per pound. Uncooked beef roasts climbed $0.08 to $4.05 per pound, setting a new yearly high.
Retail Beef Prices Increase After Falling For Two Straight Months
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?