Temperatures during the storage report week were 0.6 degrees warmer than the 30-year normal temperature and 6.1 degrees cooler than the same period last year. Temperatures in the Lower 48 states averaged 43.9 degrees, compared to 50.0 degrees last year and the 30-year normal of 43.3 degrees. While overall temperatures were about a degree warmer than normal, temperatures varied somewhat across Census divisions. In the Northeast, the New England and Mid Atlantic Census divisions were relatively warm, both averaging 3.6 degrees warmer than the 30-year normal. The West North Central Census division in the Midwest and the East South Central Census division in the South were relatively cool, both averaging 2.4 degrees cooler than the 30-year normal. Heating degree-days nationwide were 3.9 percent below normal and 36.4 percent above last year.
Natural gas to electric power generators decreased in 2012
- Crop markets generally strong at midday Monday
- It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a mobile shade machine?
- Crop markets are starting the week on a generally firm note
- Keeping nutrients in the field and out of tile lines
- Combating the Heat in Dairy Herds
- Earthworms help Fresno State clean dairy wastewater