Columbia, SC Thursday, February 28, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
South Carolina closing cash grain bids as of 3:00 P.M. Prices delivered
to country elevators or processors. New crop bids noted with (*).
US 2 Yellow Corn was 10 cents higher.
US 1 Yellow Soybeans were 13 to 22 cents higher.
US 2 Red Wheat had too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 2 Yellow Corn was 5 to 6 cents higher.
New Crop US 1 Yellow Soybeans were 3 to 4 cents higher.
New Crop US 2 Red Wheat was steady to 5 cents higher.
CORN: Country Elevators---6.99 at Kingstree; *5.62 at Lynchburg; n/a and *n/a
at Estill; Processors---7.39 at Orangeburg 2; 8.05 and *6.33 at Monetta; 7.99
and *6.12 at Sumter; 7.84 at Cassett.
SOYBEANS: Country Elevators---No bid at Anderon; 13.74 at Kingstree; *12.00 at
Lynchburg; 13.84 at Orangeburg 2; n/a and *n/a at Estill; Processors---14.62 and
*12.50 at Kershaw; Export---15.02 at Mt. Pleasant.
WHEAT: Country Elevators---*6.66 at Anderson; *5.93 at Lynchburg; n/a and *n/a
at Estill; Processors---No Bid at Orangeburg 2; *5.82 at Sumter; 7.75 at
COUNTRY ELEVATORS US 2 Yellow US 1 Yellow US 2 Soft Red
Corn Soybeans Wheat
Cash New Crop Cash New Crop Cash New Crop
Kingstree 6.99 13.74
Lynchburg 5.62 12.00 5.93
Orangeburg 2 13.84
Estill n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a
Orangeburg 2 7.39
Monetta 8.05 6.33
Sumter 7.99 6.12 5.82
Kershaw 14.62 12.50
Mt. Pleasant 15.02
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
803-737-4671. For more info check out the internet at
South Carolina Closing Grain Bids
- Dairy markets: Today's milk already sold
- Crop futures diverged from livestock markets Wednesday night
- AGCO releases Challenger MT500E series tractors with 185-255 hp
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: September Class I base slightly lower
- Tumbling livestock quotes led ag commodites lower Wednesday
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Commentary: The worst meat to eat
- 2015 milk prices now looking more like 2013, 2011
- Minn. farm wins court case, power companies to buy 138 acres
- Drones on the farm: What are the laws?
- Jersey Island chooses direction 6 years after 250-year import ban