Columbia, SC Wednesday, August 28, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
South Carolina closing cash grain bids as of 3:00 P.M. Prices delivered
to country elevators or processors. New crop bids noted with (*).
US 2 Yellow Corn was mostly 6 cents lower; one location 3 cents higher.
US 1 Yellow Soybeans were too few bids to trend.
US 2 Red Wheat was too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 2 Yellow Corn was 6 cents lower.
New Crop US 1 Yellow Soybeans were 2 to 4 cents higher.
New Crop US 2 Red Wheat had too few bids to trend.
CORN: Country Elevators---4.70 at Kingstree; 4.70 at Lynchburg; 4.88 at Estill;
Processors---5.30 at Orangeburg 2; 5.40 and *5.30 at Monetta; 5.39 and *5.29 at
Sumter; 5.10 and *5.10 at Cassett.
SOYBEANS: Country Elevators---*12.97 at Anderson; *13.23 at Kingstree; *13.23 at
Lynchburg; 13.85 and *13.45 at Estill; Processors---14.73 and *13.63 at Kershaw;
Export---13.53 at Mt. Pleasant.
WHEAT: Country Elevators---*5.74 at Kingstree; *5.74 at Lynchburg; No Bid at
Estill; Processors---7.25 at Columbia.
COUNTRY ELEVATORS US 2 Yellow US 1 Yellow US 2 Soft Red
Corn Soybeans Wheat
Cash New Crop Cash New Crop Cash New Crop
Kingstree 4.70 13.23 5.74
Lynchburg 4.70 13.23 5.74
Estill 4.88 13.85 13.45 No Bid
Orangeburg 2 5.30
Monetta 5.40 5.30
Sumter 5.39 5.29
Cassatt 5.10 5.10
Kershaw 14.73 13.63
Mt. Pleasant 13.53
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
803-737-4671. For more info check out the internet at
South Carolina Closing Grain Bids
- Ag markets diverged Tuesday morning
- U.S. dairy groups oppose Canadian cheese market access restrictio
- Dairy markets: Last week in review
- Crop markets are mixed to higher at the start of the trading week
- Farmers descend on Alltech's Global event in Normandy, France
- Work happiness factors ranked in new survey
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Dairying in a warzone
- Vandenheuvel: Time to act on California federal order
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant
- BQA certification — offer Sept. 1 through Oct. 31