Columbia, SC Wednesday, September 18, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
South Carolina closing cash grain bids as of 3:00 P.M. Prices delivered
to country elevators or processors. New crop bids noted with (*).
US 2 Yellow Corn was 2 cents higher.
US 1 Yellow Soybeans were too few bids to trend.
US 2 Red Wheat had too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 1 Yellow Soybeans were 4 to 7 higher.
New Crop US 2 Red Wheat had too few bids to trend.
CORN: Country Elevators---4.36 at Kingstree; 4.36 at Lynchburg; 4.36 at Estill;
Processors---4.76 at Orangeburg 2; 4.86 at Monetta; 5.08 at Sumter; 4.86 at
SOYBEANS: Country Elevators---*12.72 at Anderson; *12.98 at Kingstree; *12.98 at
Lynchburg; 13.70 and *13.20 at Estill; Processors---13.98 and *13.38 at Kershaw;
Export---13.27 at Mt. Pleasant.
WHEAT: Country Elevators---*5.58 at Kingstree; *5.58 at Lynchburg; No Bid at
Estill; Processors---7.25 at Columbia.
COUNTRY ELEVATORS US 2 Yellow US 1 Yellow US 2 Soft Red
Corn Soybeans Wheat
Cash New Crop Cash New Crop Cash New Crop
Kingstree 4.36 12.98 5.58
Lynchburg 4.36 12.98 5.58
Estill 4.36 13.70 13.20 No Bid
Orangeburg 2 4.76
Kershaw 13.98 13.38
Mt. Pleasant 13.27
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
803-737-4671. For more info check out the internet at
South Carolina Closing Grain Bids
- USDA: FAQs about potential California FMMO
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
Excelerate® Calf Milk Replacer
Milk Specialties Global