Columbia, SC Friday, September 27, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
South Carolina closing cash grain bids as of 3:00 P.M. Prices delivered
to country elevators or processors. New crop bids noted with (*).
US 2 Yellow Corn was 2 to 4 cents lower.
US 1 Yellow Soybeans were too few bids to trend.
US 2 Red Wheat had too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 1 Yellow Soybeans were steady to 3 cents higher.
New Crop US 2 Red Wheat had mixed; 1 cents lower to 1 cents higher.
CORN: Country Elevators---4.33 at Kingstree; 4.33 at Lynchburg; 4.34 at Estill;
Processors---4.54 at Orangeburg 2; 4.84 at Monetta; 5.09 at Sumter; 4.84 at
SOYBEANS: Country Elevators---*12.44 at Anderson; *12.67 at Kingstree; *12.67 at
Lynchburg; 12.92 and *12.92 at Estill; Processors---13.70 and *13.10 at Kershaw;
Export---13.05 at Mt. Pleasant.
WHEAT: Country Elevators---*5.82 at Kingstree; *5.82 at Lynchburg; *5.64 at
Estill; Processors---7.25 at Columbia.
COUNTRY ELEVATORS US 2 Yellow US 1 Yellow US 2 Soft Red
Corn Soybeans Wheat
Cash New Crop Cash New Crop Cash New Crop
Kingstree 4.33 12.67 5.82
Lynchburg 4.33 12.67 5.82
Estill 4.34 12.92 12.92 5.64
Orangeburg 2 4.54
Kershaw 13.70 13.10
Mt. Pleasant 13.05
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
803-737-4671. For more info check out the internet at
South Carolina Closing Grain Bids
- USDA: FAQs about potential California FMMO
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
ReaShure® Precision Release Choline