Richmond, VA Wed Jan 23, 2013 USDA-VA Dept of Ag Market News
Prices paid to producers as of 4:00 pm.
Prices dollars per bushel unless otherwise stated.
Closing prices for Wed Jan 23, 2013.
Norfolk Terminal area
Wheat new crop 4 lower. Soybeans 15 lower, new crop 8 lower.
No 2 red winter wheat --- new crop 7.39
No 2 yellow corn ---
No 1 soybeans 14.42 new crop 12.85
Norfolk Producer area
Wheat new crop 4 lower. Corn 8 lower, new crop steady.
Soybeans 15 lower, new crop 8 lower.
No 2 red winter wheat --- new crop 7.14
No 2 yellow corn 7.46 new crop 5.90
No 1 soybeans 14.17 new crop 12.65
Wheat 8 lower, new crop 5 lower. Corn 8 lower,
new crop steady. Soybeans 15 lower, new crop 8 lower.
No 2 red winter wheat 7.81 new crop 6.97
No 2 yellow corn 7.56 new crop 6.10
No 1 soybeans 14.02 new crop 12.30
Prices from elevators within 30 mile radius.
Source: Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
USDA-VA Market News, Richmond, VA 804.786.3947
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- Yogurt nominated as New York’s ‘state snack’
- 6 of California’s Top 10 counties saw 2013 milk output declines
- USDA amends Appalachian, Southeast and Florida federal orders
- Legislation would block EPA from releasing producer information
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast