Richmond, VA Fri Jan 25, 2013 USDA-VA Dept of Ag Market News
Prices paid to producers as of 4:00 pm.
Prices dollars per bushel unless otherwise stated.
Closing prices for Fri Jan 25, 2013.
Norfolk Terminal area
Wheat new crop 7 higher. Soybeans 6 higher, new crop 3 lower.
No 2 red winter wheat --- new crop 7.39
No 2 yellow corn ---
No 1 soybeans 14.46 new crop 12.83
Norfolk Producer area
Wheat new crop 7 higher. Corn 3 lower, new crop 2 lower.
Soybeans 6 higher, new crop 3 lower.
No 2 red winter wheat --- new crop 7.14
No 2 yellow corn 7.46 new crop 5.84
No 1 soybeans 14.21 new crop 12.63
Wheat 3 lower, new crop 2 lower. Corn 3 lower,
new crop 2 lower. Soybeans 6 higher, new crop 3 lower.
No 2 red winter wheat 7.81 new crop 6.93
No 2 yellow corn 7.56 new crop 6.04
No 1 soybeans 14.06 new crop 12.28
Eastern Shore area
No 2 red winter wheat 6.94 new crop 6.97
No 2 yellow corn 7.54 new crop 5.66
No 1 soybeans 13.65 new crop 12.26
Prices from elevators within 30 mile radius.
Source: Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
USDA-VA Market News, Richmond, VA 804.786.3947
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast