Richmond, VA Fri Aug 30, 2013 USDA-VA Dept of Ag Market News
***This report will not be issued on Monday, September 2***
Prices paid to producers as of 4:00 pm.
Prices dollars per bushel unless otherwise stated.
Closing prices for Fri Aug 30, 2013.
Norfolk Terminal area
Wheat new crop 1 higher. Corn steady. Soybeans no trend,
new crop 11 lower.
No 2 red winter wheat --- new crop 6.22
No 2 yellow corn 4.82 new crop ---
No 1 soybeans 13.83 new crop 13.43
Norfolk Producer area
Wheat 2 higher. Corn new crop steady.
Soybeans new crop 11 lower.
No 2 red winter wheat 5.53 new crop ---
No 2 yellow corn --- new crop 4.82
No 1 soybeans --- new crop 13.28
Wheat steady, new crop 1 higher. Corn steady,
new crop 2 higher. Soybeans 11 lower, new crop 11 lower.
No 2 red winter wheat 4.42 new crop 5.52
No 2 yellow corn 4.67 new crop 5.27 (2014)
No 1 soybeans 13.48 new crop 12.98
Middle Peninsula area
Wheat 2 higher, new crop 1 higher. Corn new crop steady.
Soybeans 11 lower, new crop 11 lower.
No 2 red winter wheat 4.83 new crop 5.87
No 2 yellow corn --- new crop 4.52
No 1 soybeans 13.03 new crop 13.03
Wheat 2 higher.
No 2 red winter wheat 6.58 new crop ---
Prices from elevators within 30 mile radius.
Source: Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
USDA-VA Market News, Richmond, VA 804.786.3947
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast