Columbia, SC Friday, July 26, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
South Carolina closing cash grain bids as of 3:00 P.M. Prices delivered
to country elevators or processors. New crop bids noted with (*).
US 2 Yellow Corn was 3 to 4 cents lower.
US 1 Yellow Soybeans were too few bids to trend.
US 2 Red Wheat was steady to 1 cents higher.
New Crop US 2 Yellow Corn was 2 to 4 cents lower.
New Crop US 1 Yellow Soybeans mostly 4 to 15 cents higher; one location 22 cents lower.
CORN: Country Elevators---*4.65 at Kingstree; *4.65 at Lynchburg; n/a and *n/a
at Estill; Processors---5.12 at Orangeburg 2; 7.12 and *5.41 at Monetta; 5.37
and *5.27 at Sumter; 5.06 and *5.06 at Cassett.
SOYBEANS: Country Elevators---*11.53 at Anderson; *11.79 at Kingstree; *11.79 at
Lynchburg; n/a and *n/a at Estill; Processors---14.54 and *12.19 at Kershaw;
Export---*12.09 at Mt. Pleasant.
WHEAT: Country Elevators---4.89 at Kingstree; 4.89 at Lynchburg; n/a at Estill;
Processors---7.25 at Columbia.
COUNTRY ELEVATORS US 2 Yellow US 1 Yellow US 2 Soft Red
Corn Soybeans Wheat
Cash New Crop Cash New Crop Cash New Crop
Kingstree 4.65 11.79 4.89
Lynchburg 4.65 11.79 4.89
Estill n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a
Orangeburg 2 5.12
Monetta 7.15 5.41
Sumter 5.37 5.27
Cassatt 5.06 5.06
Kershaw 14.54 12.19
Mt. Pleasant 12.09
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
803-737-4671. For more info check out the internet at
South Carolina Closing Grain Bids
- USDA: FAQs about potential California FMMO
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast