Columbia, SC Thursday, October 24, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
South Carolina closing cash grain bids as of 3:00 P.M. Prices delivered
to country elevators or processors. New crop bids noted with (*).
US 2 Yellow Corn was 2 to 3 cents lower.
US 1 Yellow Soybeans were steady to 1 cent lower.
US 2 Red Wheat had too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 2 Red Wheat was mixed; 3 cents lower to 5 cents higher.
CORN: Country Elevators---4.20 at Kingstree; 4.20 at Lynchburg; 4.20 at Estill;
Processors---4.40 at Orangeburg 2; 4.95 at Monetta; 4.90 at Sumter; 4.70 at
SOYBEANS: Country Elevators---12.34 at Anderson; 12.60 at Kingstree;
12.60 at Lynchburg; 12.79 at Estill; Processors---13.20 at Kershaw;
Export---13.10 at Mt. Pleasant.
WHEAT: Country Elevators---*6.42 at Anderson; *6.40 at Kingstree; *6.40 at
Lynchburg; *5.84 at Estill; Processors---*5.10 at Sumter; 7.25 at Columbia.
COUNTRY ELEVATORS US 2 Yellow US 1 Yellow US 2 Soft Red
Corn Soybeans Wheat
Cash New Crop Cash New Crop Cash New Crop
Anderson 12.34 6.42
Kingstree 4.20 12.60 6.40
Lynchburg 4.20 12.60 6.40
Estill 4.20 12.79 5.84
Orangeburg 2 4.40
Sumter 4.90 5.10
Mt. Pleasant 13.10
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
803-737-4671. For more info check out the internet at
South Carolina Closing Grain Bids
- Water Police, part four: EPA's definition of 'adjacent waters'
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Zoetis launches calf wellness
- U.S. steps up trade pressure on Japan ahead of Obama visit
- Professional Dairy Producers Foundation offers program grants
- UDIM rebrands to reflect diversity, versatility of dairy
- Making recommendations on climate change mitigation
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill
- Is chocolate milk ban-worthy? Study says ‘no’
- To prevent crime, farmers, deputies use proven tools
- Can ration sorting benefit lactating dairy cattle?
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine