Columbia, SC Wednesday, November 27, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
***This report will not be issued Thursday, Nov. 28 and Friday, Nov. 29
in observance of the Thanksgiving Day holiday.***
South Carolina closing cash grain bids as of 3:00 P.M. Prices delivered
to country elevators or processors. New crop bids noted with (*).
US 2 Yellow Corn was mixed; 3 cents lower to 6 cents higher.
US 1 Yellow Soybeans were 9 to 10 cents lower.
US 2 Red Wheat was too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 2 Yellow Corn had too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 2 Red Wheat was mostly 7 to 9 cents higher.
CORN: Country Elevators---3.98 at Kingstree; n/a at Hamer; 3.98 at
3.97 and *4.23 at Estill; Processors---4.57 at Orangeburg 2; 4.96 at
at Sumter; 4.67 at Cassett.
SOYBEANS: Country Elevators---12.45 at Anderson; 12.83 at Kingstree; n/a
at Hamer; 12.83 at Lynchburg; 13.95 at Estill; Processors---13.35 at
Export---13.65 at Mt. Pleasant.
WHEAT: Country Elevators---*6.04 at Anderson; *5.80 at Kingstree; *n/a
at Hamer; *5.80 at Lynchburg; *5.90 at Estill; Processors---*4.83 at
Sumter; 7.25 at Columbia.
COUNTRY ELEVATORS US 2 Yellow US 1 Yellow US 2 Soft Red
Corn Soybeans Wheat
Cash New Crop Cash New Crop Cash New Crop
Anderson 12.45 6.04
Kingstree 3.98 12.83 5.80
Hamer n/a n/a n/a
Lynchburg 3.98 12.83 5.80
Estill 3.97 4.23 12.95 5.90
Orangeburg 2 4.57
Sumter 4.85 4.83
Mt. Pleasant 13.65
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
803-737-4671. For more info check out the internet at
South Carolina Closing Grain Bids
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast