Minneapolis, MN Tue Jan 04, 2011 USDA Market News
Minnesota Feedstuffs - Prices for the week ending Tuesday, January 04, 2010
**All prices are quoted per ton, unless otherwise noted.*
Feed ingredient prices were mixed this past week. Trade was very light due
to the holiday.
The March Soybean Meal futures closed 4.80 lower at 367.80; May closed 4.00
lower at 369.40. The March Soybean Oil futures closed 54 points lower at 56.85
cents per pound; May closed 57 points lower at 57.28 cents per pound. The high
protein Soybean Meal in Minnesota was 2.80 lower at 355.80; the basis was 12.00
under the March futures. Linseed Meal, 34 pct protein was steady from 235.00-
260.00 in North Dakota-Minnesota areas. Sunflower Meal, 13 pct fiber, 34 pct
protein was 10.00 to 15.00 lower from 200.00-215.00 in the North Dakota-
Minnesota area. Soybean Oil in Minnesota was 28 points higher from 53.35-54.10
cents per pound; the basis ranged 275-350 points under the March futures.
Meat and Bone Meal, 50 pct protein was steady to 20.00 lower from 300.00-
320.00 for ruminant; pork was 320.00. Yellow Grease was steady to 50 points
higher from 36.50-39.50 cents per pound. Choice White Grease was 125 to 250
points higher from 43.50-43.75 cents per pound. Feather Meal was steady to 10.00
lower from 415.00-435.00.
Wheat Middlings were steady to 10.00 higher from 153.00-170.00. The Sacked
Bran was steady at 13.50 cwt.
Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, 17 pct protein had no quote.
Prices bulk per ton, in carlots. Animal proteins are delivered Mpls. FOB Mpls
and selected markets as of: Jan 04, 2011
This Week Last Week Last Year
Soybean Meal, 46.5 pct 355.80 358.60 319.40-320.40
Linseed Meal, 34 pct 235.00-260.00 235.00-260.00 210.00-250.00
Sunflower Meal, 34 pct protein MN/NDAK
13 pct fiber 200.00-215.00 215.00-225.00 170.00-205.00
Soybean Crude Oil, MN
Cents per pound 53.35-54.10 53.07-53.82 36.85-37.71
Meat and Bone Meal, 50 pct 300.00-320.00 300.00-340.00 325.00-360.00
Feather Meal, 80 pct 415.00-435.00 425.00-435.00 515.00-520.00
cents per pound 36.50-39.50 36.00-39.50 23.50-25.50
Choice White Grease,
cents per pound 43.50-43.75 41.00-42.50 26.50-27.50
Wheat Middlings 153.00-170.00 153.00-160.00 80.00-90.00
Alfalfa Meal, 17 pct No Quote No Quote No Quote
Source: USDA Market News, Minneapolis, MN
No matching related articles at this time.
- Wheat proved an exception to general ag market strength Wednesday
- Purdue Extension to host Farming Together workshop
- Wis. barn fire kills at least 50 animals
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Increasing cropping frequency may boost food supply
- Ag markets moved generally higher on Wednesday morning
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- Dairy economists offer farm bill dairy safety net alternative
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced