Minneapolis, MN Tue Jan 18, 2011 USDA Market News
Minnesota Feedstuffs - Prices for the week ending Tuesday, January 18, 2010
**All prices are quoted per ton, unless otherwise noted.*
Feed ingredient prices were mostly higher this past week. Demand was good
for most ingredients.
The March Soybean Meal futures closed 20.50 higher at 383.40; May closed 20.90
higher at 385.90. The March Soybean Oil futures closed 94 points higher at 57.55
cents per pound; May closed 101 points higher at 58.03 cents per pound. The high
protein Soybean Meal in Minnesota was 14.50 to 16.50 higher from 359.40-363.40;
the basis was 4.00 to 6.00 lower from 24.00-20.00 under the March futures.
Linseed Meal, 34 pct protein was steady to 15.00 higher at 260.00 in North
Dakota-Minnesota areas. Sunflower Meal, 13 pct fiber, 34 pct protein was 5.00
higher from 205.00-210.00 in the North Dakota-Minnesota area. Soybean Oil in
Minnesota was 94 points higher from 54.05-54.80 cents per pound; the basis was
steady from 275-350 points under the March futures.
Meat and Bone Meal, 50 pct protein was steady from 300.00-325.00 for
ruminant; pork ranged 320.00-325.00. Yellow Grease was 100 points higher from
40.00-42.50 cents per pound. Choice White Grease was 25 to 50 points higher from
44.00-44.25 cents per pound. Feather Meal was steady from 400.00-435.00.
Wheat Middlings were mixed, 5.00 lower to 3.00 higher from 152.00-160.00. The
Sacked Bran was steady at 13.50 cwt.
Prices bulk per ton, in carlots. Animal proteins are delivered Mpls. FOB Mpls
and selected markets as of: Jan 18, 2011
This Week Last Week Last Year
Soybean Meal, 46.5 pct 349.40-363.40 344.90-346.90 301.90-302.90
Linseed Meal, 34 pct 260.00 245.00-260.00 210.00-250.00
Sunflower Meal, 34 pct protein MN/NDAK
13 pct fiber 205.00-210.00 200.00-205.00 165.00-190.00
Soybean Crude Oil, MN
Cents per pound 54.05-54.80 53.11-53.86 33.15-34.65
Meat and Bone Meal, 50 pct 300.00-325.00 300.00-325.00 310.00-340.00
Feather Meal, 80 pct 400.00-435.00 400.00-435.00 520.00-525.00
cents per pound 40.00-42.50 39.00-41.50 24.00-26.25
Choice White Grease,
cents per pound 44.00-44.25 43.50-44.00 27.00-28.25
Wheat Middlings 152.00-160.00 149.00-165.00 88.00-105.00
Source: USDA Market News, Minneapolis, MN
No matching related articles at this time.
- Wheat proved an exception to general ag market strength Wednesday
- Purdue Extension to host Farming Together workshop
- Wis. barn fire kills at least 50 animals
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Increasing cropping frequency may boost food supply
- Ag markets moved generally higher on Wednesday morning
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- Dairy economists offer farm bill dairy safety net alternative
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced