Minneapolis, MN Tue Jan 11, 2011 USDA Market News
Minnesota Feedstuffs - Prices for the week ending Tuesday, January 11, 2010
**All prices are quoted per ton, unless otherwise noted.*
Feed ingredient prices were mixed this past week. Demand was moderate for
most ingredients. There was good demand for the Yellow and Choice Grease.
The March Soybean Meal futures closed 4.90 lower at 362.90; May closed 4.40
lower at 365.00. The March Soybean Oil futures closed 24 points lower at 56.61
cents per pound; May closed 26 points lower at 57.02 cents per pound. The high
protein Soybean Meal in Minnesota was 8.90 to 10.90 lower from 344.90-349.90;
the basis was 4.00 to 6.00 lower from 18.00-16.00 under the March futures.
Linseed Meal, 34 pct protein was steady to 10.00 higher from 245.00-260.00 in
North Dakota-Minnesota areas. Sunflower Meal, 13 pct fiber, 34 pct protein was
steady to 10.00 lower from 200.00-205.00 in the North Dakota-Minnesota area.
Soybean Oil in Minnesota was 24 points lower from 53.11-53.86 cents per pound;
the basis was steady from 275-350 points under the March futures.
Meat and Bone Meal, 50 pct protein was steady to 5.00 higher from 300.00-
325.00 for ruminant; pork ranged 320.00-325.00. Yellow Grease was 200 to 250
points higher from 39.00-41.50 cents per pound. Choice White Grease was steady
to 25 points higher from 43.50-44.00 cents per pound. Feather Meal was steady to
15.00 lower from 400.00-435.00.
Wheat Middlings were 4.00 to 5.00 lower from 149.00-165.00. The Sacked Bran
was steady at 13.50 cwt.
Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, 17 pct protein had no quote.
Prices bulk per ton, in carlots. Animal proteins are delivered Mpls. FOB Mpls
and selected markets as of: Jan 11, 2011
This Week Last Week Last Year
Soybean Meal, 46.5 pct 344.90-346.90 355.80 287.80-294.80
Linseed Meal, 34 pct 245.00-260.00 235.00-260.00 200.00-250.00
Sunflower Meal, 34 pct protein MN/NDAK
13 pct fiber 200.00-205.00 200.00-215.00 175.00-195.00
Soybean Crude Oil, MN
Cents per pound 53.11-53.86 53.35-54.10 34.63-35.63
Meat and Bone Meal, 50 pct 300.00-325.00 300.00-320.00 320.00-350.00
Feather Meal, 80 pct 400.00-435.00 415.00-435.00 515.00-520.00
cents per pound 39.00-41.50 36.50-39.50 23.50-25.50
Choice White Grease,
cents per pound 43.50-44.00 43.50-43.75 27.50-27.75
Wheat Middlings 149.00-165.00 153.00-170.00 83.00-95.00
Alfalfa Meal, 17 pct No Quote No Quote No Quote
Source: USDA Market News, Minneapolis, MN
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast