Hog Slaughter By U.S. & State (2009 vs. 2010)
Pork production totaled 2.04 billion pounds, up 4 percent from the previous year. Hog kill totaled 10.03 million head, up 4 percent from March 2009. The average live weight was unchanged from the previous year, at 272 pounds.
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine
- Dairy markets: In search of equilibrium
- Livestock markets lagged crop futures in early Thursday action
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill
- Boggess named U.S. Dairy Forage Research Center director
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Product prices, April margins, dairy CPI