Pork production totaled 2.04 billion pounds, up 4 percent from the previous year. Hog kill totaled 10.03 million head, up 4 percent from March 2009. The average live weight was unchanged from the previous year, at 272 pounds.
Hog Slaughter By U.S. & State (2009 vs. 2010)
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: September Class I base slightly lower
- Tumbling livestock quotes led ag commodites lower Wednesday
- Kan. veterinarians get soaked in Ice Bucket Challenge
- Livestock futures led most ag markets lower Wednesday morning
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin