Pork production totaled 2.04 billion pounds, up 4 percent from the previous year. Hog kill totaled 10.03 million head, up 4 percent from March 2009. The average live weight was unchanged from the previous year, at 272 pounds.
Hog Slaughter By U.S. & State (2009 vs. 2010)
- Alltech opens lab at Nestlé's China Dairy Farming Institute
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking