Durum and other spring wheat production is projected at 619 million bushels, down 14 percent from 2010/11, based on 10-year harvested-to-planted ratios and State yield trends for 1985-2008. A return to trend yields from the record levels of the previous two years is expected to reduce both other spring and durum production. Other spring wheat production is projected to be 540 million bushels, down 12 percent from 2010. Total durum wheat production is projected at 79 million bushels for 2011, down 26 percent from 2010.
Domestic wheat situation and outlook: Projected 2011 spring production
- What to do now in regards to the 2014 Farm Bill
- Dairy markets: Last week in review
- Cropp: September Dairy Situation and Outlook
- Merck Animal Health to market Neogen’s dairy genomic program
- Egyptian buying boosted wheat despite Sunday night crop weakness
- Video: Evaluating corn silage processing in the field