Columbia, SC Friday, April 05, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
South Carolina closing cash grain bids as of 3:00 P.M. Prices delivered
to country elevators or processors. New crop bids noted with (*).
US 2 Yellow Corn was steady to 6 cents lower.
US 1 Yellow Soybeans were 10 to 11 cents lower.
US 2 Red Wheat had too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 2 Yellow Corn was mostly 1 to 5 cents lower; one location 12 higher.
New Crop US 1 Yellow Soybeans were 5 to 9 cent lower.
New Crop US 2 Red Wheat was mostly 5 to 9 cents higher.
CORN: Country Elevators---*5.32 at Kingstree; *5.32 at Lynchburg; n/a and
*n/a at Estill; Processors---6.49 at Orangeburg 2; 7.29 and *6.02 at Monetta;
7.12 and *5.97 at Sumter; 6.68 and *5.75 at Cassett.
SOYBEANS: Country Elevators---No bid at Anderson; *11.64 at Kingstree; *11.64
at Lynchburg; 12.72 at Orangeburg; n/a and *n/a at Estill; Processors---
13.72 and *12.18 at Kershaw; Export---14.16 at Mt. Pleasant.
WHEAT: Country Elevators---*6.54 at Anderson; *5.55 at Kingstree *5.55 at
Lynchburg; n/a and *n/a at Estill; Processors---No Bid at Orangeburg 2; *5.52
at Sumter; 7.75 at Columbia.
COUNTRY ELEVATORS US 2 Yellow US 1 Yellow US 2 Soft Red
Corn Soybeans Wheat
Cash New Crop Cash New Crop Cash New Crop
Kingstree 5.32 11.64 5.55
Lynchburg 5.32 11.64 5.55
Estill n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a
Monetta 7.29 6.02
Sumter 7.12 5.97 5.52
Cassatt 6.68 5.75
Kershaw 13.72 12.18
Mt. Pleasant 14.16
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
803-737-4671. For more info check out the internet at
South Carolina Closing Grain Bids
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast