Columbia, SC Tuesday, August 27, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
South Carolina closing cash grain bids as of 3:00 P.M. Prices delivered
to country elevators or processors. New crop bids noted with (*).
US 2 Yellow Corn was 4 to 16 cents lower.
US 1 Yellow Soybeans were too few bids to trend.
US 2 Red Wheat was too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 2 Yellow Corn was 14 to 15 cents lower.
New Crop US 1 Yellow Soybeans were 19 cents lower.
New Crop US 2 Red Wheat had too few bids to trend.
CORN: Country Elevators---4.76 at Kingstree; 4.76 at Lynchburg; 4.85 at Estill;
Processors---5.36 at Orangeburg 2; 5.46 and *5.36 at Monetta; 5.45 and *5.35 at
Sumter; 5.16 and *5.16 at Cassett.
SOYBEANS: Country Elevators---*12.95 at Anderson; *13.20 at Kingstree; *13.20 at
Lynchburg; 13.81 and *13.41 at Estill; Processors---14.71 and *13.61 at Kershaw;
Export---13.50 at Mt. Pleasant.
WHEAT: Country Elevators---*5.76 at Kingstree; *5.76 at Lynchburg; No Bid at
Estill; Processors---7.25 at Columbia.
COUNTRY ELEVATORS US 2 Yellow US 1 Yellow US 2 Soft Red
Corn Soybeans Wheat
Cash New Crop Cash New Crop Cash New Crop
Kingstree 4.76 13.20 5.76
Lynchburg 4.76 13.20 5.76
Estill 4.85 13.81 13.41 No Bid
Orangeburg 2 5.36
Monetta 5.46 5.36
Sumter 5.45 5.35
Cassatt 5.16 5.16
Kershaw 14.71 13.61
Mt. Pleasant 13.50
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
803-737-4671. For more info check out the internet at
South Carolina Closing Grain Bids
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
LAND O LAKES® Pasteurized Milk Balancer®