Columbia, SC Wednesday, September 04, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
South Carolina closing cash grain bids as of 3:00 P.M. Prices delivered
to country elevators or processors. New crop bids noted with (*).
US 2 Yellow Corn was 6 to 11 cents lower.
US 1 Yellow Soybeans were too few bids to trend.
US 2 Red Wheat had too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 1 Yellow Soybeans were 34 to 36 cents lower.
New Crop US 2 Red Wheat had too few bids to trend.
CORN: Country Elevators---4.59 at Kingstree; 4.59 at Lynchburg; 4.64 at Estill;
Processors---5.09 at Orangeburg 2; 5.29 at Monetta; 5.29 at Sumter; 4.99 at
SOYBEANS: Country Elevators---*12.77 at Anderson; *13.00 at Kingstree; *13.00 at
Lynchburg; 13.62 and *13.23 at Estill; Processors---14.53 and *13.43 at Kershaw;
Export---13.36 at Mt. Pleasant.
WHEAT: Country Elevators---*5.61 at Kingstree; *5.61 at Lynchburg; No Bid at
Estill; Processors---7.25 at Columbia.
COUNTRY ELEVATORS US 2 Yellow US 1 Yellow US 2 Soft Red
Corn Soybeans Wheat
Cash New Crop Cash New Crop Cash New Crop
Kingstree 4.59 13.00 5.61
Lynchburg 4.59 13.00 5.61
Estill 4.64 13.62 13.23 No Bid
Orangeburg 2 5.09
Kershaw 14.53 13.43
Mt. Pleasant 13.36
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
803-737-4671. For more info check out the internet at
South Carolina Closing Grain Bids
- USDA: FAQs about potential California FMMO
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
H.J. Baker & Bro., Inc.