Columbia, SC Tuesday, August 20, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
South Carolina closing cash grain bids as of 3:00 P.M. Prices delivered
to country elevators or processors. New crop bids noted with (*).
US 2 Yellow Corn was mostly 10 cents lower.
US 1 Yellow Soybeans had too few bids to trend.
US 2 Red Wheat had too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 2 Yellow Corn was 10 cents lower.
New Crop US 1 Yellow Soybeans were 10 to 13 cents lower.
New Crop US 2 Red Wheat had too few bids to trend.
CORN: Country Elevators---4.65 at Kingstree; 4.65 at Lynchburg; 4.74 at Estill;
Processors---5.25 at Orangeburg 2; 5.44 and *5.25 at Monetta; 5.28 and *5.18 at
Sumter; 5.05 and *5.05 at Cassett.
SOYBEANS: Country Elevators---*12.15 at Anderson; *12.40 at Kingstree; *12.40 at
Lynchburg; 13.41 and *12.61 at Estill; Processors---13.91 and *12.81 at Kershaw;
Export---12.70 at Mt. Pleasant.
WHEAT: Country Elevators---*5.62 at Kingstree; *5.62 at Lynchburg; No Bid at
Estill; Processors---7.25 at Columbia.
COUNTRY ELEVATORS US 2 Yellow US 1 Yellow US 2 Soft Red
Corn Soybeans Wheat
Cash New Crop Cash New Crop Cash New Crop
Kingstree 4.65 12.40 5.62
Lynchburg 4.65 12.40 5.62
Estill 4.74 13.41 12.61 No Bid
Orangeburg 2 5.25
Monetta 5.44 5.25
Sumter 5.28 5.18
Cassatt 5.05 5.05
Kershaw 13.91 12.81
Mt. Pleasant 12.70
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
803-737-4671. For more info check out the internet at
South Carolina Closing Grain Bids
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast