Richmond, VA Mon Apr 22, 2013 USDA-VA Dept of Ag Market News
Prices paid to producers as of 4:00 pm.
Prices dollars per bushel unless otherwise stated.
Closing prices for Mon Apr 22, 2013
Norfolk Terminal area
Corn new crop 9 lower. Soybeans 19 lower, new crop
No 2 red winter wheat --- new crop 6.53
No 2 yellow corn --- new crop ---
No 1 soybeans 14.19 new crop 11.88
Norfolk Producer area
Wheat new crop 9 lower. Corn 6 lower, new crop 14
lower. Soybeans 11 lower, new crop 10 lower.
No 2 red winter wheat --- new crop 6.28
No 2 yellow corn 6.56 new crop 5.33
No 1 soybeans 14.12 new crop 11.73
Wheat 7 lower, new crop 9 lower. Corn 6 lower, new
crop 14 lower. Soybeans 19 lower, new crop 10 lower.
No 2 red winter wheat 6.47 new crop 6.03
No 2 yellow corn 6.86 new crop 5.48
No 1 soybeans 13.84 new crop 11.33
Prices from elevators within 30 mile radius.
Source: Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
USDA-VA Market News, Richmond, VA 804.786.3947
- EPA in hot water over proposed CWA rule
- DHM Southeast: Dairy events in Florida, update on Burdette/Stiles
- Calves with Sam: Read ALL the directions!
- Footrot can be more problematic in wet years
- Drones draw interest to crop scouting and other new farm uses
- DHM Midwest: MN Farm Families of the year, new interns, and golf
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- Dairy markets: Milk production report sends markets lower
- Dean spin-off of WhiteWave: Silk beating milk one year later
- Rhode Island names Wright's Dairy Farm as Outstanding for 2014
- U.S. June milk production up 1.9 percent
- 'Peak soil' threatens future global food security