Cash receipts from milk marketings in South Dakota in 2009 are down 24 percent from the previous year.
The Agricultural Statistics Service says receipts in 2009 totaled $259.9 million, down from the $341.5 million in 2008.
South Dakota producers received an average of $13.80 per hundredweight of milk sold in 2009. That's $5.30 per hundredweight lower than the average price received in 2008.
Total milk production in South Dakota increased 5 percent to 1.89 billion pounds in 2009, up from the 1.8 billion pounds produced in 2008.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
South Dakota Milk Marketing Receipts Down In 2009
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do
- Dairy calf care: Get a handle on dystocia data
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo