It’s National Dairy Month, and what better way to celebrate than to remember one of Texas Tech University’s most iconic buildings: the Dairy Barn.
Built in 1926, the Dairy Barn is one of the four original campus buildings. In the beginning, the barn had enough land around it to house a dairy cattle herd. Though empty now, the barn originally had milking facilities for 40 cows, calf stalls, feed rooms, a chiller and an office.
- Dairying in a warzone
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- BQA certification — offer Sept. 1 through Oct. 31
- Dairy podcast: Mark and Bob scratching their heads about markets
- Idaho production to 37M pounds per day; exports up 52%