Milk price rise in store not reflected on the farm
Milk prices have been going up in the store but its not because farmers are receiving so much more for the raw commodity. Michelle Rook looks at the real reasons behind the price rise including higher energy costs. FULL STORY »
Why is the vitamin D in dairy important?
Vitamin D is one of those wonderful things we have that can make such a difference in a person's life. Unfortunately most people have low vitamin D levels because they don't have enough dairy in their diet. FULL STORY »
Livestock ID and disease traceback benefits consumers
The government's animal identification system will allow traceback of livestock diseases through the use of ear tags or other ID methods. Michelle Rook reports on how that will directly benefit consumers. FULL STORY »
Central Texas drought lets up a bit
On May 12-13, rain came to many parts of the state, giving some relief to drought-stricken crops and pastures, and -- temporarily at least -- alleviating the danger of wildfire. FULL STORY »
The latest greatest technology on our dairy farm, farming 21st century
As farmers we are always striving to be better at our jobs. Using the latest tools availble not only keep us on our toes, they really do make us better stewards of our land and livestock. FULL STORY »
Lorin Berge talks with Dairy Herd Management
Lorin Berge, dairy producer from Valders, Wis., said he tries to keep treatment protocols simple, which helps minimize the chances of mistakes FULL STORY »
Industry discusses ways to avoid SCC, residue problems
Last January, when it appeared that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration would step up monitoring of dairy farms that have had antibiotic residue violations, it got everyone’s attention. The FDA ended up delaying the program — until this summer — but the subject of residues has stayed on the front-burner. FULL STORY »
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
H.J. Baker & Bro., Inc.