Design facilities for cows, not people
At last summer's Cow Longevity Conference sponsored by DeLaval, a veterinarian and professor in the farm animal health department at the University of Utrecht in the Netherlands said many of the things about free-stalls are not well-suited for cows. FULL STORY »
Long live the cows!
The transition period is when a majority of cow disease events occur. If cows can get through this period OK, their chances of completing a successful lactation and then moving on to another greatly increases. FULL STORY »
Comfortable cows make profitable cows
At Black Brook Farm, cow comfort is a priority. Hal and Kerry Adams of Shortsville, N.Y., have put the comfort of their registered Holstein cows at the top of their “to do list.” FULL STORY »
Commentary: Farm machinery companies smarter about biomass!
At a recent field day hosted by New Holland, I was glad to hear that biomass is a priority for the people who design harvesting equipment. FULL STORY »
Secretary of Agriculture inspires FFA youth to face challenges
Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack addressed FFA leaders in Washington, D.C. about their importance in the agriculture community and the relevance of current agriculture-related politics to them. FULL STORY »
Dairy farmers dedicated to produce safe products
Dairy farmers are using June Dairy Month as an opportunity to show and tell consumers about how they provide a safe product in a humane manner. FULL STORY »
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast