College Aggies Online is an advocacy program managed by the Animal Agriculture Alliance, encouraging college students to tell ag’s story through blogs, social media and other communications. Over 900 students participated in the 2012 program and competed for the program scholarships sponsored by U.S. Farmers and Ranchers Alliance, National Pork Board, Drive Magazine, and Lallemand Animal Nutrition. At the alliance’s recent summit in Arlington, Virginia, This year’s first-place winner Tiffany Swanson, a student at North Dakota State University, discussed the program.
College Aggies Online : This year’s winner
- Yogurt nominated as New York’s ‘state snack’
- 6 of California’s Top 10 counties saw 2013 milk output declines
- USDA amends Appalachian, Southeast and Florida federal orders
- Legislation would block EPA from releasing producer information
- USDA: Livestock producers urged to keep good disaster records
- DHM Markets/Marketers: PA IOFC a record high
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Fluid sales, cost of production, Chobani
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"