More than a decade ago, Ruihong Zhang, a professor of biological and agricultural engineering at UC Davis, set out to solve a problem: How to turn organic waste into renewable energy.
Her answer is the UC Davis Renewable Energy Anaerobic Digester, built and operated by CleanWorld, which will turn campus and community waste into energy for the university.
- First sights of World Dairy Expo 2014
- Slideshow: World Dairy Expo opens to big crowd
- 2014 Dairy Herd Management Innovation Awards announced
- Early Wednesday World Dairy Expo photographs
- Select Sires offers new ear-tag based herd management system
- U.S. dairy decries EU-Canada trade agreement market barriers