More than a decade ago, Ruihong Zhang, a professor of biological and agricultural engineering at UC Davis, set out to solve a problem: How to turn organic waste into renewable energy.
Her answer is the UC Davis Renewable Energy Anaerobic Digester, built and operated by CleanWorld, which will turn campus and community waste into energy for the university.
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Dairying in a warzone
- Vandenheuvel: Time to act on California federal order
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant
- John Deere’s 2014 product launch heavy in hay equipment