The transition period can be a fragile time with many opportunities for infection. A complete dry cow program should focus on treatment and prevention of mastitis for maximum results. Bob Church, of Patterson Farms in Auburn, N.Y., tells how a teat sealant is a key part of protecting his dry cows.
Milk Quality Focus: Seal out mastitis during the dry cow period
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Dairying in a warzone
- Vandenheuvel: Time to act on California federal order
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant
- John Deere’s 2014 product launch heavy in hay equipment