The transition period can be a fragile time with many opportunities for infection. A complete dry cow program should focus on treatment and prevention of mastitis for maximum results. Bob Church, of Patterson Farms in Auburn, N.Y., tells how a teat sealant is a key part of protecting his dry cows.
Milk Quality Focus: Seal out mastitis during the dry cow period
- Friday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Cold storage report bullish for butter
- Ag markets closed mostly higher again Friday
- Most ag markets traded firmly Friday morning
- Dairy Herd columnist Mess named social media farmer of the year
- Dairy markets: Class III futures up; butter nears all-time high