The transition period can be a fragile time with many opportunities for infection. A complete dry cow program should focus on treatment and prevention of mastitis for maximum results. Bob Church, of Patterson Farms in Auburn, N.Y., tells how a teat sealant is a key part of protecting his dry cows.
Milk Quality Focus: Seal out mastitis during the dry cow period
- Lighter Side: Do anti-GMO people know what GMO means?
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty