The transition period can be a fragile time with many opportunities for infection. A complete dry cow program should focus on treatment and prevention of mastitis for maximum results. Bob Church, of Patterson Farms in Auburn, N.Y., tells how a teat sealant is a key part of protecting his dry cows.
Milk Quality Focus: Seal out mastitis during the dry cow period
Your browser requires the latest version of Adobe Flash to view this video. Upgrade by clicking below:
- Green milk returns in time for St. Patrick’s Day
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Bill would keep farmer’s private information private
- Land availability top young farmer concern
- USDA expands support for small, mid-sized farmers and ranchers
- DHM Markets/Marketers: CWT sales, dairy cattle auctions