Ninety-seven percent of dairy farms are family-owned and operated, often by multiple generations of family. The Metzger family of Summit Farm in Lester, Iowa are proud to be part of this statistic. Lifelong dairy farmer Rodney Metzger not only has one of his children to take over the dairy — but all five, including daughter Emma, and sons Vance, Eric, Neil and Toby! Rodney says that having his children choose to come back to the family farm warms his heart. As Rodney passes the Summit Farm torch to the next generation, he knows the farm's future is in good hands and his family's legacy and commitment will continue.
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Dairying in a warzone
- Vandenheuvel: Time to act on California federal order
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant
- John Deere’s 2014 product launch heavy in hay equipment